Are you struggling with a charge entitled “440 Terry Ave N charge”? Is it an authorized charge? Wondering why does it keep appearing on your account statements?
There can be various reasons behind the appearance of this charge. The major one could be any transaction you made cashless or anyone else who has clear knowledge regarding your card or bank details and is using it to make the minimum purchases.
Hence, can be suspected as a scam. Read the above article to know why you have been charged by the association.
What does “440 Terry Ave N Charge” actually mean?
440 Terry Ave N Charge is a charge on your bank account or credit card. This charge can also usually be charged by the scammers.
It is considered legitimate which is charged by an association named “Amazon”.
Amazon is an e-commerce platform that provides everything throughout the world. This association is known worldwide and has millions of customers.
440 Terry Ave n charge is Amazon’s billing address. It is used by Amazon for services like Prime membership charges, online purchases, Kindle, Amazon Music, Audible, and many more.
It is located in Seattle, WA. It is considered to be Amazon’s original headquarters.
However, since 2017, no employees have worked in this building. Amazon uses this building solely for mailing processing only.
Also, read Pappito.org Charge On Credit Card
Reason behind the appearance of “440 Terry Ave N Charge”.
As we read in the article above, the 440 terry ave n charge is considered to be a legitimate charge which is charged by an association named “Amazon”.
The charge will show its appearance on your bank statements only if you made any purchase from Amazon for services like online shopping, Prime memberships, Kindle, and many more.
Once you make any purchase or transaction using your credit card, the association will automatically charge you for the renewal.
However, several customers have complained this charge is a scam as they haven’t made any transactions or purchases with Amazon in the past.
Unfortunately, if you don’t remember any transaction done with Amazon for their provided services then you can suspect it to be a scam.
You can see the charge in these titles as well in your statements, so make sure to read these.
- Amazon MKTPLACE PMTS
- 440 Terry Ave n WA 98109
- @440 Terry Ave N. WA 98109
How to prevent yourself from these unauthorized charges on credit cards?
Here’s what you can do to avoid such charges on your bank statements.
- You need to first check your bank statements, if you see any insufficient charge on your records, you can simply copy the exact statement that is being shown and try to do a little research related to the charge.
- Once you have enough knowledge about the charge you can try recalling if you have made any purchase from the association before via your credit card. If not, you have to reach out to the association through their customer care number.
- In the majority of cases, the association is not willing to remove the charge because they are unaware of why it has been charged to you. If you haven’t made any purchase from the company then you can consider it to be a scam.
- These scammers play very smartly by showing these authorized company titles so it gets hard to suspect it’s a scam.
- In such cases, you need not panic, all you can do is be careful as the fraudulent team has the proper knowledge regarding your card and bank account details. They try to make minimum purchases using your card just to check whether it is in service or not.
- To avoid such a situation you have to immediately contact the merchant from which your card is issued or your bank authorities, request them to explain the charge to you, and also let them know you haven’t made any purchase from the association.
- Request them to temporarily block the usage of your card and bank account.
Also, read Doorserve Dry Cleaning Credit Card Charge
Is it a legit charge?
As mentioned above, Amazon is an authorized company dealing with several services worldwide, however, the fee charged by the association is legitimate.
How can I contact their service care?
You can simply reach out to Amazon on their official website.
Thus, you have gained enough knowledge about the charge and how to resolve the issue.
As we all are well aware it is an authorized company that provides numerous services on a huge platform worldwide, though several risk factors refer to scammers.
To avoid scams on your bank statements you can simply follow the above-mentioned methods. Also if you ever get stuck in this situation make sure to request your merchant to temporarily block the services of your account.
However, be alert when it comes to making purchases through your credit card, always keep a monthly check on your statements to keep yourself safe from such scams.
Nyra handles business research, writing financial documents, news items, articles, and study materials about finances.